Sunday, July 27, 2008

What I have been up to...

So wednesday started off great! I was so excited to leave for DC.I left school early, went to the bank and then I was off. Nancy dropped me off at the airport and then I went to my gate. The flight was delayed. Then cancelled!! I was stressed. It was five in the afternoon. They sold my ticket to US and then I went to their gate. We were tagged for screening which means they search our bags. I got to my gate. Flight delayed. We weren't supposed to leave till eight. I went and got dinner. Then the flight was delayed till nine. We went and got a drink. Flight was cancelled. I was done. Seven hours at the airport and I wanted to go home. I called DC and let them know about the flights and they said ok. I went home sad. I really really really wanted to go! I was so mad at this stupid airport I wanted to scream. I went home to bed and asleep by one.

I went to work the next day and I was so mad. I really hated that I missed this stupid meeting. I guess things happen for a reason.

Well this weekend was good. We relaxed alot. Friday I went to school and put my room together. Pictures to come!! I moved tons of stuff around which always makes me happy. It made me so excited about this school year. My friend Nancy did the same with her room which makes me excited! I emailed the new person on our team and he seems really excited about this year. If I stay I am grade chair which is exciting. Also Paula said she might let me have a student intern from Peace College!! This year is going to be amazing!!!

Matt and I have been talking alot about our future lately and we are excited about the new adventures to come!! I can't wait to see what happens when this house sells. The house is the big orange cone in the road. When the DOT comes and takes the cone away we are going to have so many doors opened!! Even though leaving Millbrook is inevitable I know that it only means more amazing things in the future! It is exciting to think that we have so many options available to us when this house sells. I am just hoping that a special buyer comes in the next few months and they love the house!! I am waiting for it and praying for it!!

Well I am finding that sewing is a hobby that is soothing and fun. I just sewed to pillowcases for these huge pillows at school. They match my chairs that I found for two dollars each. The patter is highschool musical but the colors math perfectly. I thought I would have enough for three but I didn't.I am going to the store tomorrow to buy a little more to make the third one. I am so excited!!! I am trying to figure out how to cover a "husband pillow". It is a pillow that has arms on it. I found one the other day for four dollars and I wanted to cover it so it would last longer. I think I could do it but I have to be creative!! Pictures to come!

Well being grade chair this year is making me excited and nervous as well. I am excited because I think it will make me a better teacher. I am scared because I have big shoes to fill. Abby has been amazing and I want to do as well. I am scared I will fail and screw up miserably. I want to make my team proud. I can't wait to see what this year will bring.

So this haircut that I wasn't so sure about has started to make me excited! I am starting to like it but I think it is more the color then the haircut. I colored my hair and then highlighted it. I actually am very proud of myself. I hope that I can keep it up and it stays cute!

No comments: