Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Overcooked!

I was never a very good cook. I do have to say through the four years of marriage I def. got better. :) Well my not so great chef skills must be passed to my son since he is now overcooked! :)

We went yesterday and stripped membranes and set an induction date. With that date came relaxation I haven't felt in weeks. I was able to think about other things yesterday and to be honest I was excited about being pregnant again. I was able to sit on the couch and just feel him move around and not feel resentment for him being inside and not outside. Ironicly this probably isn't helping getting him out before Friday since I didn't have a single contraction yesterday.

Well this blog has always been a place to share my thoughts and this is one of them I feel I need to share. Since I am so relaxed my brain has started to think about other things. Matt and I have been talking a lot lately about Tillman's name. Now I know this is going to prompt many people to want to leave advice or oppinions but with hormones I don't know how much I can handle so be nice. We decided around Christmas time to name our son Tillman Riddle. That is Matt's full grandpa's name. He really wanted the full name and so we set that as his name. I was ok with it but I always felt that Tillman wouldn't have a more commone name to use if he ever wanted to be called something else. I also felt a little sad because I didn't have input on the name. As months went by I didn't think about it and fell in love with the name Tillman. He is my little Tilley and that will never change. Well Matt kept asking was I ok with Riddle. Every time I would share with him about how I felt that he needed a name that was more common incase he wanted to use it as he was older. Matt's dad is Tillman Dale which allows for him to be called Dale instead of Tillman. So this prompted us to talk a lot latley about his middle name and whether or not we want to keep it Riddle. If it stays Riddle he won't have his own name, it will always be his grandpas name. I want him to have a name that is all his. We are at this crossroad that I think many parents come to because naming your child is very intense. You want to make it something great! If we were to change it now that our son is overcooked I am not sure how our family would feel. I know that in end it is our decision and I promise we will decide on his name because we love the name, not because of what we wrote on a babyshower invite or because we know our family may not agree but I want my family to love his name as well. Being that this decision was made so long ago I know it will be intense for us to change it. I am worried that my step mom has made something already with Riddle as his middle name. I know that his parents really wanted us to be sure that Riddle would be his middle name before we sent baby shower invites. I know that in the end it won't be easy. I really don't know what to do right now. It is one of the hardest things we have done so far as parents but I feel in the end if we just decide to use Riddle because it is easier then Matt and I will regret it in the end. We are going to wait and see the little guy before we decide the middle name. We may keep it Riddle in the end but I want to have the option to not keep it Riddle if we decide on something else. Our son Tillman deserves the best name in the world and I don't want to make this decision without taking the time to think long and hard on it.

Like I said this is going to open up people and I know that people will have feelings both ways but remember that I am an overcooked pregnant woman and hormones can be very violent at times.:) Be nice!

1 comment:

The Cox Family said...

Name him what you guys want and not what you think you should name him. I know the feeling all too well and many times I have made decisions based on what I think others want. This is YOUR son! :)