Thursday, June 18, 2009

One more day of just ME! Tomorrow I become an US!

It is such an odd feeling sitting here on the couch thinking about tomorrow. Tomorrow marks the day I am no longer just a ME but an US! Tomorrow I become a MOM! I sit here thinking about all the emotions and the rollercoaster that I will experience tomorrow and I get gitty! When people ask about me after tomorrow they will always include Tillman in that question. When people think about Matt and I they will think of us as a family of three. Tomorrow my husband and I reach a new level of love I hear! Tomorrow my husband becomes the father of my son! Tomorrow my son will be born! Can you belive it? I can't!!!! I am so amazed right now I can't get my thoughts together to get anything done. I am just sitting here feeling him move around and think about tomorrow I get to kiss those toes, tomorrow I get to count those fingers, tomorrow I get to hold this baby that is ALL mine! (Matt laughed and said he would remind me that he is ALL mine when he has a poopy diaper or crying at 3am in the morning;) ) I am so excited about having my family and friends around me to celebrate this little life that is coming into the world! I can't wait to call everyone after he is born and share his story! I have waited for this day for nine months, but in my heart really my whole life. I truely belive that this is the most amazing gift I could ever ask for.

Well Matt and I are struggling with something. Rex only allows three people in the room. Matt is number one, my mom is number two and then the third spot we were going to leave vacant since we couldn't choose between all of our family. Then as we thought more about this day we really wanted someone there to JUST take pictures. Someone who will caputre this whole day and will just stand back to video tape and take pictures of us and Tillman in those most memorable moments. So we thought and thought about who could do this and we both felt comfortable with Matt's sister Katie. We asked and she was honored to be there. We were elated and ready to go for Friday. Well yesterday she was sharing with her dad about being in the room to take pictures and he told her that Matt's mom was planning on being in the room. So now you can see what we are dealing with. We don't have another spot, but Katie's spot is elective so really she could be in the room but Matt and I both know that Paulette isn't really someone who can run a digital camera. We are torn!! We know she is sad she can't be there because Matt called her last night but we don't know what else to do! I know in the scheme of things this really isn't that big of a deal, but I know that having her in there may be a tad bit overwhelming. Matt and I decided that when we check in tomorrow we are going to ask and see if they would make an exception for his mom and if they will we will let her stay, but if not then she can come in right after he is born. So hopefully tomorrow goes well! :)

Tomorrow I am not longer just ME but US!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I am so excited for you. You are going to make a wonderful mommy. I'm keeping you in my prayers that everything goes smoothly tomorrow without too much pain for you :) The situation is such a difficult thing to deal with and I would be torn too, but if you really want pictures I think you have made a good decision. Once Tillman is here, no one is going to care if they were in the room (at least I don't think). Good luck tomorrow and I can't wait to see pictures!