Thursday, January 24, 2008

What are they thinking!!!!!


Ok so today I had a little young lady come to me and start to tell me that she is leaving our school. She started to cry as she told me which made me cry. She was telling me that her mom is moving them. Come to find out she is being kicked out of their appartment because her mom can't pay. It makes me so mad that these parents aren't making better choices. I am so sad for this little girl because the teachers at Millbrook love her so much!!! It breaks my heart!! This is the part of the job people don't tell you about. They don't tell you that your heart melts each time you walk in and that student that was there is gone and how that feels. I still say the name of another student who is gone because the same reason. Because she is being kicked out and that means she is homeless she can stay at our school but I don't know what is going to happen. I am sooooo sad.

To build off the title, what are they thinking. Parents again AMAZE me. So tomorrow I have TWO parent teacher conferences. One in the morning and one after school. The one before school I am ready for. I have all the ammo ready and I am ready to fire! This woman is more worried about his permanant record then helping her son. The one after school wants to talk about her and how she is making poor choices. I am more woried about the afternoon one because I think he is going to get defensive. I really wish parents would think about the way they speak to teachers. I will update you later about these two conferences.

On a lighter note this weekend my parents are coming to see CATS with Matt and I. I LOVE broadway and musicals. I am sooo excited. My parents bought us tickets so this weekend should be lots of fun.

No comments: