Saturday, January 12, 2008

What are they thinking?

Ok so let me start off by saying that yesterday was a monumental day!! Nancy, Rhonda, Erin and I went to shelly lake for a quick run. The loop is two miles and I was so close to making it all the way around. I wanted to quit and they wouldn't let me. Nancy was amazing!! She made it all the way around with not complaint!! It was great she def. motivated me. Can't wait to do it next week.

Ok so onto why I wrote the title I did. This week has been a little stressful. I have this parent who has been trying to meet with me for about a month now but she hasn't made a great effort to get ahold of me and it bothers me that she is blaming me. Parents amaze me these days. She knows there are issues with her child but yet she has declined any help that we want to give. She never turns things in on time but yet she plays the concerned parent card. It blows my mind!!! The hard part is I am still learnng and crap like this ruins my day! I get the note in the morning and all I want to do is scream and I can't. My poor children get the end of the stick and I hate it. I feel horrible and then on top of it all her kid is just so hard to figure out. I can't decide what is making him so out of it. WE have been in school for this long and he still doesn't know how to get his spelling list aligned and his words where they need to go. It frusterates me!!!! I just can't belive there are parents out there that don't want thier children to succeed!

ANother one of my students is also having a hard week. So his mom wanted us to fix him so we started a contract with him. We created it for home and school. He as doing so GREAT!! Our AP went to his belt thing on satruday to support him, and this student got all his checks and he chose to spend time with mr. clark. His mom was all weirded out about why in the world would her son pick spending time with him. She made this student feel bad about it and it makes me so mad! I was so excited about hs progress and now there isn't any. He was horrible this week!! Parents amaze me!!

1 comment:

The Cox Family said...

I second you! Parents are the worst part about being a teacher sometimes.