Friday, January 04, 2008

just another week

So another week has gone by and I am tired! I have only been in school three days and it felt like an entire month. Well we met with anothe relator. This has been a hard part of moving. We have to meet with two and pick one. Well the first was great I thought there is no way anyone could sawy me to not pick her and then last night happened. The two people came a married couple and they were the sweetest. Very down to earth and sweet. They were very energetic and seemed to really want to help us. After they left Matt and I were stuck. I told him to pick because he does all that stuff but he couldn't decide either. We liked them both for such different reasons.

It is so odd to me that one day I can be super excited about moving to a new place and meeting new people and then the very next minute be super super sad and want to cry and not think about moving. I want to be supportive but it can be hard since in my heart I want to stay here with these amazing people and my school. I know God has a plan for us and what we may want may not be his plan so I am going to keep my head held high.

Today is school it was very eventful. So in the middle of word study time we see a police car fly down millbrook road. Now this happens alot since we have an entire wall of windows that face a very busy road. WE usually just ignore it and move on. Well today another police car flew by. Then another and another. These cars had lights and sirens as well as being ummarked. Now I was little curiouse since we had seen at least five now. Then five more flew by. There was a total of ten police cars. After they flew by two ambulences flew by. My kids were all excited now and they were brainstorming what could have happened. So a few minutes later I got on WRAL and found out that a deputy had been shot. Right after I read that online the two ambulences came fying down the other way towards the hospital. That is all they knew at the time. Then about thirty minutes later I got on again and saw that they were doing an alcohol drug sting at a house right at the corner of the road my school is on. They said they had called on 12 police officers to do the sting (we saw 10):) needless to say I didn't tell my children what had happened but it was fun to hear them brainstorm. About an hour later we had to walk to lunch and when we got outside we saw the TV choppers hovering over the house that the police were at. My kids were so excited. Its moments like this that amaze me about these children. Listening to them brainstorm and come up with ideas about what had happened is so neat. I love being a teacher because you get to see their little minds work.

No comments: