Friday, March 27, 2009

Proud to Be NCAE


Well this year has been one for the books. I have learned a lot this school year but I have also had my days where I don't know what else to do. I have had to sit back and reflect on myself a ton this year! I really love teaching, this year had made me really think about how I do my job.

Well today I attened our annual NCAE convention. This organization is a passion of mine. As a teacher we fight each and every day to be treated as a professional. This organization is our voice as educators. Three years ago my AP at the time roped me into this amazing organization and I have been hooked since. What NCAE does is fight for teacher rights and gives teachers a voice. Of course you have to pay to be a member but it is worth every dime you pay. There are many teachers who aren't members and it stings to think about them. As our president says, "They ride on our hard working coat tails!!" It is true, because of our hard work and money we get some of the things we fight for, but the teachers who aren't members and who aren't there helping fight for these things get to reep the benifits as if they had.

Today was convention day which is always fun! You get to meet many cool people and you also get pumped about teaching. I really love my job but I have my days. This convention always gets my heart ready to enter the classroom and do all that I need to, to get these children ready! We get to go back tomorrow which is exciting! I love what I do and I am VERY PROUD TO BE NCAE!!!!

No comments: