Sunday, March 15, 2009

Low Iron, Stretch Marks, Braxton Hicks, and Couches

Well I had my week 26 doctors appointment Friday. They did the glucose test which I will hear about Monday or Tuesday. They also checked my iron and I was low. She said that is why I have probably felt really tired lately. Which was so true!! I thought it was because of all the work we have been doing around the house. So I taking iron pills to try and get my iron up. She also said to eat more meat. It is hard when matt is gone all week I don't eat the best dinners. Weight gain was good. Heartbeat was at 150 which is what it has been the entire time. I go back in two weeks for my RH shot. Then I go back every two weeks till he gets here! THAT IS INSANE!! I go ever two weeks, as my friend Laura said....im not ready!! We have so much to do and the house is a mess!!

Well I found my first two stretch marks. They are right above my hip bone on each side. I had one on each side already from highschool and I grew to quickly. Those I could hide with a bathing suit. These I don't think I can. I have piled on the lotion this weekend. That is the one thing I really really don't want. I know it comes with being pregnant but I am going to do everything to help prevent them. I know there isn't really a cure but I am hoping I can minimize them.

Well the past three weeks I have started to feel braxton hicks contractions. They started soft but now that he is bigger they are getting harder and harder. Most of the time it is when I lay down on my back. Yesterday we were out most of the day and I felt them as I walked around. As much as it has made things uncomfortable, such going pee and having a BH contraction isn't fun, it is the neatest thing to think in a short few weeks our son will be here.

Matt is still waiting for a phone call on a job here in Raleigh. I pray each night that Gods plan for us is fullfilled. I know that he has a plan and we have to trust him. This past year and few months has shown me that I need to try harder to trust him. This job is another example of us trusting in him and knowing he knows best.

Well the past month we have been stewing on the idea of a glider in Tilly's nursery. WE were going to have to purchase one and they aren't cheap. The more I thought about it the more I thought that I wouldn't be in his room much by myself nursing him. I most likely would be in my room or downstairs. I know it might happen in his room but not enough to shell out that much money for a chair. Then after I was done nursing him, what would the chair be used for. Matt would never let it our living room so it would just sit in his room and eventually be sold. So we had the idea of getting a recliner for our living room that way we could use it after all the nursing but it would also serve the rocking purpose. The past few weeks we have sat in many recliners and haven't found anything we liked. Well in our outings we talked about the idea of getting a couch with a recliner. Now I know we have a couch already but anybody will tell you it isn't the most comfortable. I have to bring down my body pillow and another pillow to sit on it longer then five min. It has some stains on it that we have tried to get out. So while we were looking around we found a couch and love seat that had recliners built in and in the love seat you could rock while someone is reclined or just sitting. So yesterday we took the plung and bought the new couches. I am so excited!! My butt can't wait!! We are going to try and sell our couch on craigslist to make a little bit of money since we don't need it anymore. So enjoy the pictures!!We didn't get the individual recliner. Our room isn't big enough for that. We have four recliners so I think that will be enough.

No comments: