Sunday, July 02, 2006

Happy weekend!!

Ok so my inlaws just left and I have to say that I really enjoyed having them there. I loved having them up here. For once I really felt like this was the place we were meant to be. They came up just for the day to go to church and see the house. I couldn't believe they would do this, you ask why. Well my mother on the other hand comes to Raleigh every weekend almost, and it took her a five months to actually come over to see the house. Our two families are so different. His parents are so loving and caring, not that mine isn't, but mine shows their love in such different ways.

We also ordered wedding pictures today!!!!! A year and almost two months we finally ordered some bigger ones then 4x6's. I am so excited because I can vision them in our house. It is weird how such simple things make me smile. I can't wait to frame them and have them on the walls. We got an 11x14 of us in front of the church. That one will probably go in the bedroom.

Well I have a week left of endless pool time. I am excited but I am glad that after that week I will have something to do. Since there aren't that many people that can come over I have no one to hang out with, and I have no money so that leaves the pool. I do have a tan though, so that is exciting.

Ok so as a teacher you know I am broke. Well yesterday I went on Amazon.com and found thirty books for my science units that I need. I went to that conference last week and they gave us great ideas to supplement. Well the total cost which I think is great is 93.00. Well to us that is alot of money, so my plan was to send out a letter to my family to ask for donations to the Whisenant first year book fund. OK so that sounds really tacky but don't think for a moment that it didn't cross my mind. I really need these books and yes the library has them but it is such a hassle to check them out. I really just want to organize them so when I am ready to teach the kit I can pull out all the things that go along with it. So just know that even though teachers have summers off, we are BROKE and need supplies. :)

Ok so on a sadder note, I was watching TV last night and it was very thought provoking for me as a teacher. The short short version is that there was a man that had a son who would bring friends over to his house to play and go to the pool. Then one day the police showed up at his door and arrested him for child molested. Now from that moment the man said he was innocent. Well then two days later the police arrested another man and his gf for the same charges, but the two children this time were her children. Then a day later another man was arrested for molesting his daughter. Now there were four people in jail for molested charges. Their were four children that stated they had been molested. The four adults went to jail. They spent eight years before the lawyers found mis-evidence in the woman and her bf case, so they were let free. The other man who was accused of molesting his daughter was also set free for not sharing of evidence. That left the first man still in jail. Now he has always said from the beginning that he never did these things. Twelve years later, those four children came out and said that these people NEVER did anything to them. They said that the police told them to say these things because they knew it happened and that if they did then the would get to go home. Now the children at age five and six would say those things so it would all end and go home. Anyway as you see the first man then goes back to court to be told that he is set free for the fact that these people said he never did it. After twenty years in prison hes set free. Three years after he is free he goes back to court to be paid 100 dollars for every day he spent in prison since he was wrongfully accused.

Now the reason I wrote all that is because in this day and age it is scary for a teacher. I am the type of teacher that doesn't worry about these things but its hard after watching this. IF you ever had a parent that hated you and had their children convince that you did something you didn't. It worries me because I want my children to know I love them but I don't want to get to close you know. Anyway it made my mind race last night as I watched it. I know that there was a conspiracy with this case but still you know how children can be. Ohwell that was alot for a little, but that was what was running through my mind. Sorry if it was confusing, I get on these subjects and I can't stop.

No comments: