Friday, June 30, 2006

I LOVE TEACHING!!

Ok so this past week I have been at a science confrence. I was so excited to go but I didn't know what to expect. IT was great!!! I was able to learn so much this week I feel great about teacing science. Ok so science teaching has changed since we all went to school. WE don't teach out of books anymore, we use Kits. They are boxes full of supplies. ALong with the box is a book of lesson plans and how to use all the supplies. Now to someone who isn't a teacher may think that we are cheating when we use the kits because the have the plans all laid out. NOT TRUE!! YEs the kits help keep the supplies in order and it provides supplies that other wise you wouldn't have access to, but this week just proves that these kits are alot harder then you think. For example, the human body kit the children have to use sticks, rubber band, paperclips, and these rubber things to creating a working model of the leg. Now that is one assignment that the children have a hard time with. As a teacher it is sometimes a hassel to use the ktis because you have to do alot of oraganization to get things in order. Anyway not to bore you but this week was great. It opened the door to many diffrent teaching oppurtunities that I am excited to search out. This week has only made me a better teacher even though it was REALLY long.

Ok so they were supposed to frame the house this week, but of course it rained four inches or so, so we aren't sure if they have. We are going to swing by there this afternoon and see. I hope they did something. They are saying now we wont move in till September :( I am so mad, not because of the house, but because of the rent in the appartment. We have to pay a ton of money for rent these month and to add another one just cuts into the saving plan. ohwell that is life, and God wont give us to much, so I am just chugging along.

Ok I start summer school in two weeks and I am a tad scared. I am not sure yet what I am going to do, nor have a clue where to start. I go to a planning on teh 6th so I kow that will help, but you know I am getting paid for this and its hard because I want the children to get something out of it. So pray that I don't screw these kids up.

Ok so I finished another book, and it is called picture perfect. Also by Jodi Picoult. Now this book was also a good one, but the ending made me mad. I knew why she ended it that way, to make you think and imagine, but I wanted it to end the way I had imagined it would. Isn't that with every book. I love her books because they step outside of the normal reads and make you think. I am reading another one called keeping faith. Which to me is a stretch to read. It is about a family that the mom and dad are getting a divorce. The daughter takes it really hard and starts having an imaginary friend. The friend turns our to be God. Now I probably lost some of you but the story isn't all about her and her friend, I belive its going to be about building faith and knowing that God is there and real. I am not sure how it will end since I just started it but we will see. I also started to read Kite Runner, but I havne't really gotten into that one yet.

No comments: