Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Family Vacation 2011

Well we are this year we are enjoying our first family vacation as a family of three! Last year we went to KY for a reunion which could be considered our first, but this year seems to be more real since is so much more interactive and we are doing more vacation type things!

Our week started off rough because Tillman got car sick on the way to Charlotte and threw up all over the car! So the car stunk and we had to drive 12 hours to Orlando. Well with cleaning and Fabreeze we were able to get the stink out and start our trip.

The drive down was great nothing but easy sailing a few stops for food and leg breaks and we made it just in time for dinner!

Our first day we spent food shopping and some pool time. He loves the water! I was so worried he would be scared or just not like it! He loved splashing and squirting water on everyone I mean everyone even strangers! He loved to walk in and out of the water which was so cute to watch with his water shoes on! I drank fruity drinks and watched Grandma play in the water with him!

I also ran four miles because Tillman decided to wake up way to early! I figured I better make the best of the time and try to keep all the food I was going to consume go straight to my butt! We also got pedicures and I had her put a little flower on my big toes and man does it make this vacation feel a little bit sweeter!

The second day we had to go back to the food store and Target to get some supplies and then spent the rest of the day at the pool! Where again fruity drinks were my companion! :)

The third day we went to a different pool and Tillman went down a water slide with Matt. Matt is such an insurance guy and he would not go down the slide because it said one rider at a time and he wanted to go with Tillman. The height rule was also taller than Tillman. Well then we saw a lady go down with her daughter who was shorter than Tillman which made Matt think...hmmm maybe we can go down. Finally with enough badgering from me, he took him down and Tillman loved it! I took a couple videos and the first time Matt stopped halfway down because didn't want to go to fast and so he had to scoot the rest of the way! Oh the memories!

Then that night we went to Outback for dinner and I ate a 12 ounce steak! Man was I glad I ran another four miles that morning! Hopefully I will get home and not have gained a pound!

Today I am excited because we are on our way to Universal Studios! Matt wanted to take Tillman to Magic Kingdom but I convinced him that was way to much to spend on a two year old that won't remember it! So he suggested we go to the park just the two of us! I liked that idea way better! We haven't seen the new Harry Potter section so I am excited to see something new! We love rides and hopefully we get our monies worth today! Grandma and Pop will be watching TMan for the day! So happy we don't have to pay a babysitter!

Well I am off to enjoy the rest of my vacation which is only two more days....makes me sad just thinking about it!

No comments: