Sunday, March 07, 2010

What really matters...


Now that Tillman is here and I have had eight amazing months with him, I really started to think about what really matters. We went to Charlotte a few weeks ago and it wasn't the best trip ever. Now that we are parents and have very busy lives, leaving the comfort of our home is hard. It is even harder with a baby because you have to pack everything up. We went home and when we got back to Raleigh we were exhausted! When we go down there we feel we have to meet with everyone and hang out equally because we don't get to see everyone often. After this trip Matt and I really talked a lot about trips now and how our lives have changed. We can't go down as often as we would like. Then I called my mo and she gave me some insight as a grandma. She said that there is not feeling like it. It made me think about the inconveince going to Charlotte puts on us and how important Tillman is to our family. It made me think that if any part of our family were change in any way, I would regret not getting out of my comfort zone to see them. Being a parent changes everything because you no longer have an equation of two. The third part of the equation matters the most! Once my boards are done and life is less crazy I think going to Charlotte will be a lot easier.

No comments: