Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Date Night with the Hubby

So as I blogged stalked today I stumbled upon a blog that is doing something called "Project 52" which is her plan to have 52 dates with her husband from now till the end of the year! I was so intrigued because I always say things to Matt like...you never spend time with me...we don't hang out anymore...We don't laugh anymore...ok so that sounds a little dramatic but in reality Matt and I don't really "hang" out anymore unless we are on a mission which involves a task that isn't about us. I always said to Matt that I want us to make an effort to stay in love. I want us to show our children what a healthy marriage looks like and show them all the time that we love each other. I come from divorced parents which means I want to do things differently then they did.

Anyway back to the gist of things here...while stalking this blog and reading about their dates, I saw a guest blogger that said she set up folders for the month and at the beginning of the month they open them together and set the dates. Inside the folder is gift cards, or tickets or already planned dates and all they have to set the date! I thought this was the coolest thing ever!!

My goal for the rest of spring break is to create April to May of next year folders for each month. I am going to set up two dates for the month have them planned and ready to go! I think this will ease Matt's mind because he hates spending money, but this way he doesn't need to spend money for the month. I think I might even coordinate grandparents to come up so we can go out without finding a babysitter!

I am really really excited about this! Divorce is such a ramped thing these days and I know life gets crazy but I think it is so special to spend time to date your husband. I am really going to give this a huge effort and see how it goes. The guest blogger said she loves getting dressed up and hearing her children comment on her clothes and how their parents look so happy. I want that for my children and I feel this way we can take the stress out of "planning" dates because of the necessity of them. They will already be planned and all we have to do is show up!!

**I need idea for cheap fun dates!! Leave a comment and share with me what you think would be a fun date!

No comments: