Sunday, May 24, 2009

All good things come to those who wait....whoever said that wasn't pregnant!

So I hit 37 weeks tommorrow and I am done. I loved the begining part of pregnancy and being pregnant for the first time was a blessing. Right now, I am ready to be ME again. I want to be able to roll over without a grunt, or walk without a wadle, to eat without burping (wait I did that before ;))! I want to be able to not have to pee every three minutes, I want to wear normal clothes again and not feel like a frumpy person in my husbands t-shirts. I want to hold this little guy that is doing leg extentions on my stomach. I want to see his little hands that keeping jabbing my belly button. I want to see the little butt that keeps sticking out of my side. All of these emotions are hard to contain when you are 9 months pregnant. This journey has been amazing and I have been so blessed. As far as pregnancy goes I was a lucky one. I was blessed with such a smooth 9 month ride. All the things that are "annoying" right now are so small compared to what we will have in three short weeks! I think this is the worst wait I have ever had to sit through. I remember when I was 12 and I was kicked by my horse and went to the ER. I had to sit on a stretcher for two hours because the ER was so packed. I remember sitting there thinking that was the LONGEST two hours of my life. I remember thinking that if I ever had to wait that "long" again I would die! I do have to say this past week has trumped that two hour wait. Up to this point the wait hasn't been bad because I wanted him to stay in there to cook. Now I want him out! I want to meet him and I can wish that because we have hit the buzzer! He is finished cooking, now he is just cooling off. This wait is KILLLING ME!! I sit in our recliner while he does kung fu on my insides and I just keep telling him that it would be more fun to be on the outside. I know that these three weeks will go by and when he is ready he will make his debute and all I will write about is how I want to stop time. So I am trying to remind myself that all good things come to those who wait!!!

No comments: