Tuesday, February 03, 2009

sad but grateful..

So as I sit here and type tears stream down my face. Kinda funny because why there are tears is a silly reason. I will try and explain. Each year the Hurricanes give Wake County tickets for teacher appreciation night. Each year I put our name in the pot and we have won the tickets. This year I was so excited because it means a free date night with my husband who I don't get to see often.

Well this week has been hell on wheels. Our job has so many hoops to jump through and with this growing belly of mine it gets harder each day. (get the analagy in there..:)) So when we won the tickets Monday it was a light in the day. Well today I called Matt and he was so excited about the game. We were talking about who would be there and how our two tickets were right beside Nancy and Andrew and how much fun this would be. Well as I sat eating my dinner greatful that tomorrow was wed. and that thursday was one day away...the news brought sad news.

The Canes would be in Canda for a three day game stretch! My brain started twitching and then it dawned on me...the tickets weren't for this thursday but for next thursday. To any anybody else this wouldn't be a big deal but for us it was. Matt can't come home next thursday because he is taking a class and wont be home till Saturday.

So as I sit there comtemplating a way around this my heart just began to melt. Hormones took over. I was so sad because I knew how excited was for this game. I knew how excited I was. This SUCKS!! I really am sad about this and think it is because we don't get to spend a lot of time together I really wanted this date night.

This just brought on even more emotion about this stupid job he has. As the title states above I am greatful he has a job. I know this sounds selfish with all the people who don't have jobs and for all the folks that are struggling right now, but I can't help my feelings. I am so mad at this stupid job it makes my skin crawl. I just want to throw rocks at them. I am greatful he has a job. There are a lot worse things that could go on right now, I just wish he could find a job in Raleigh. I am hormonal and pissed.

So long story short...we aren't going to the game and now I am sad. This week sucks!!!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I don't think it's silly. I get sad about a lot of things. You get your hopes up about something and then when it doesn't work out you get disappointed. It's really sad. I hope things get better and you and your husband can thing of something you can do for a date night on another day. I also keep praying he will find a job that is closer to home for you.