Saturday, January 17, 2009

What an amazing day!!

Well it is Saturday morning and I am on cloud nine. Life is amazing! Yesterday was the day we found out who this little bean is inside me. We woke up early and our appointment was at 8:00am which made it easier since I wouldn't have to wait all day. Well As we were laying in bed at 5:00 talking, bean started to move around alot. Kicking and bouncing around, I told Matt to put his hand on my belly and within moments he felt bean kick. It was amazing!! I was so excited for him to finally be able to feel what I have been feeling. Then he felt it again! It was so cool for him to feel bean kick! That was the start of an amazing day!

We left and made it to our appointment early. Katie called and said she had a dream it was a boy. Matt was as giddy as I was. We couldn't belive today was the day! We went in and signed it. They called our name and took us back. I laid down and the lady put all the goo on my belly and began the ultrasound.

She measured the heart, head, spine, arm bones, and the femur. When she went the the femur bean looked like they were sitting on the camera so we saw it. I knew at that moment what it was. I looked at Matt and smiled. She continue to roll around and look at the bladder and kidneys. Finally said do you want to know! We said YES!! So she went back to that spot where bean was sitting and said it's a

BOY!!!!!!

Matt was so excited!! He couldn't stand it. He really really wanted a boy! I did to, but for Matt this is the dream! He was so excited! She tried to take some pictures of his arms and legs but he kept rolling around and she couldn't get one that wasn't blurry. After the ultrasound we met with the doctor and everything looked great. I have only gained 2 pounds which was good. I asked him if I was starving our little boy and he said no. That made me feel good!!

When we left the appointment we sat in the car and called everyone! It was so exciting!! Everyone was so happy and some even cried! It was the best day ever!! I went back to school and told my children and they were so excited and as was everyone else. I think I was supposed to be a mom to a little boy first! This was his plan for us all along!! I can't wait to meet this little boy in June!!

What a great day!!

No comments: