Tuesday, November 11, 2008

a little scare....

So this week was the first of many scares in the life of bean. As a soon to be mom I know I will have my lifetime of worries but since I am so new at this I def. had a scared on Thursday.

I was getting ready to teach math and I went to the bathroom and there was a little blood. Now you see I have read EVERYWHERE that this is normal. I told myself that and when I went back to the room I told my TA and she told me to sit and I couldn't get up. I spent math in a chair by the overhead. After math the kids went home and I was getting ready to go home. I walked to Nancy's room to tell her that I was leaving and I melted down. She hugged me and told me to call the doctor. I did and they told me to come in. I was scared and sad because Matt wasn't going to be there. They called my back and wouldn't let Nancy come back which was worse because I didn't want to be alone if something happened. The u/s lady took forever. She moved the thing up, down, left, and right. I knew that she couldn't find anything. Then the last minute she turned the screen and said there is baby and that is the heartbeating. I cried. She turned the screen around and lights on and that was it. I was bummed because I wanted her to tell me more. I wanted to see more of our littl bean. She gave me two pictures and then that was that. I walked out hugged Nancy and things were ok.

I am so blessed that everything is ok. I am so blessed that our Bean has a heartbeat beating strong. I am sad though because I had this vision of our first ultrasound and that wasn't it. We went back Friday for our first real appointment and we were able to hear the heartbeat because of my sweet sweet doctor. :) I am so happy that things are ok and I am taking things easy. I am just not used to having to slow down and really think about someone else but me! :) I am home today laying in bed and taking it easy!!

Pictures to come soon once I figure out how to get them on the computer!!!

No comments: