Sunday, February 24, 2008

Get your creative juices flowing!!!

Ok so I love being creative. One aspect about teaching that I love is the ability to be creative and express myself in ways to show people my personality. Well in the past few months I have felt a void because I haven't been creative. Actually I have been very boring. When I went to Guatemala last year I came back with millions of pictures and the intent to scrapbook them. I started and then fund ran low and I couldn't develop all the pictures. Also life stepped in and gave me a reality check.

The other night I was getting on Matts nerves because I was bored out of my mind and I really wanted to do something but he was busy with that little electronic box of his. He said " You need a hobby!" So I thought and thought and I knew what I wanted to do but see what many of you may not know about me is that I tend to get carried away with things and I seem to not be able to stop. I was scared that if I started this hobby it would become very unhealthy!

Which leads into the reason of this post. If you read the post below I was looking back at old photos and decided that I was going to scrap our journey to this house. I want to be able to show our children that at one point in our life we had a really nice house. I am going to miss this place and I didn't want to forget it. If you are at all like me you know that pictures get taken and then stay on your computer FOREVER!! You don't do anything with them so it was pointless to take them in the first place. So I went out the other day and picked up a few things that I needed for this scrap book and began. The past few nights I have been really excited about my masterpeice! I love scraping and being creative. Well I again became obsessive and thought about what else I could do. So I started to make little notecards to send to people. My love language is gifts and things like that. I love little notes and fun things to make me smile. So I sat down on Friday night and created eight creative notecards for my frinds and family. I made three to thank the three people who are writing references for me. I did on for my mom, step mom, mother in law, sister in law, and my fiend Lisa. I felt so good after I was finished. I even stamped them and sent them out that night. My stupid self didn't take pictures. So this post is dedicated to finding a hobby and being creative. I will take some pictures of the book and post them.

This post is also a for me to vent a moment about my life. So my dearest husband gave me this AMAZING camera for my birthday and Christmas and I have fallen in love with photography. The sad part is there isn't much in my life to take pictures of. I know this investment was for our future whisenant clan but still I see this camera and I want to take pictures but I never seem ti find anything to document. So enough whinging and off to scrap some more pages!

No comments: