Sunday, July 29, 2007

what a week

Ok so this week has been the most stressful this summer......

In may I was rearended by some guy who wasn't paying attention. I had to get a check before I fixed the car which took months to get. Finally I got the check so I went to get the car fixed. I took it in monday and asked the lady if it would be done by wednesday since I had to leave fore an NCAE workshop. She oh yes it will be done!! I was confident in her answer. Now I didn't ask for a rental since it is the summer and I didn't really need to drive anywhere. So Monday goes and most of tuesday goes. I call them on Tuesday to find out about the car and they tell me it wont get done will late thursday....I panicked!

Side note: I had to be at the workshop wednesday, thursday and return late Friday. This workshop was free but if I cancelled I have to pay for everything. So I had to ge there! I called the shop to ask what I needed to do and they said get a rental. Now remember the insurance hasn't oked a rental so I was freaking out we were going to have to pay for the rental. I get to the rental shop and they said they should ok the rental just take it and they will get back with us.

I take the rental and drive to the beach on Wednesday. Matt calls me Thursday and tells me that the car rental wants my car because the insurance company only said two days (tues and wed.) I am freaking out!!! I can't get a hold of them till I make it back into town on Friday.

I am driving home Friday, almost hit a cop car because he stopped in the middle of forty and I get a phone call. Matt calls to tell me he rearended a guy and that he has to take his car to the shop because the front end needs to get fixed.

I get home and head to the shop to get my car and the shop tells me to call Allstate and let them know that my car wasn't done till Friday and they HAVE to pay for the extra days. I call them and they said they would take care of it. I was relived but still I was STRESSED out because I was scared the car rental place thought I had stolen their car because I didn't return the car. So this week has been stressful.

The workshop was good. I met alot of people that are very active in NCAE and wake NCAE!! I loved being in the room listening to these people talk and share ideas about NCAE. We talked about why teachers don't join and how to explain to them the benifits of joining. The best part was on Thursday this lady from the legislators office came to talk about the budget and that the house keeps throwing out the bill to allow teachers ONE day of personal leave that we don't have to pay for. So she passed out this list of house members who keep saying no and told us to call them. So about 60 teachers pulled out their cell phones and called these house members. It was GREAT!! I felt empowerd to call these members and tell them that I wont support them if they don't cahnge their mind. There is NO reason we shouldn't have this ONE day. They said they would try. I love the power we get being in NCAE and how these members listen to our needs.

Well Stella still has her ring worm. She is losing hair daily. It sucks!! My house is FULL of hair and its everywhere!!!

School starts in THREE weeks!!! OMG this summer has flown by. I have read alot and gone to the pool alot. I am so excited to get back to school and meet my new children. It is suprising how good I feel about this year. This week I am working at the magnet cent on some PYP stuff. Then next week I have two workshops and one kit training. Then the week after RELAXATION!! THEN SCHOOLS IN SESSION!!!

No comments: