Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Overwhelmed.....


Being a teacher you take on a duty that I only teachers can understand. I leave my job everyday with this weight on my shoulders and I wonder if that will ever go away. I have always been someone who is dedicated to their job but I have always been someone who hates doing things half ass. This past few days I have felt I have been givng my kids half ass because of all the OTHER stuff we have to do. ALP is an afterschool program that kids are put in if they are low and you don't think will pass the EOG. I have decided to do work ALP which means every tues and thurs till five. Its like an extended school day. Since deciding to do this I have thought more about ALP then I have my own class. I have been planning for that and not thought about my day with 21 kids. Its sad, a teacher said today that if we had time to plan for our own class we wouldn't need ALP. I think thats true, if we were just able to do our own darn job we wouldn't have to have kids be put in an afterschool program. I really am overwhelmed. I feel this way because I love my JOB!! I hate this feeling that I can't do my job and that is the hardest part. I know all the teachers feel this way and that teachers have said this for YEARS!! I def think that as a teacher I just hope in years to come things will get better. I know what I need to do and hope that I will be able to my job some day.

No comments: