Monday, September 07, 2009

Crib Time





Since Tilley was born he has slept in a bassinet in our room that I kept right by the bed so I could nurse him at night. Well it is no secret that we have a chunky monkey on our hands and so as he grew the bassinet got smaller and smaller. So last weekend we decided to hook up the video monitor and try the crib out. It was a big move for me because I have to get up and nurse him which means getting out of the bed and walking across the house to the other room. Up till this point I didn't want to do that. So we tried it out and in my head secretly wishing it wouldn't go well because this was another milestone that my son was growing up. Well needless to say he loved the new found room he had. The boy loves to sleep with his arms in the air and his legs wide open. The mattress is also a lot softer that the bassinet mattress os that makes it nicer for him. The picture attatched are of him sleeping in his crib for the first time. When I clicked the camera a few times he woke up but boy did he have a great nap!! Now he sleeps in it every night and loves it. We also have moved him to the pack n play when he takes his naps now and it is working out great. Before he would fall asleep in the swing and I was worried he would get used to that so now it is the pack n play for him. He is sleeping so great now (when he isn't going through a growth spurt)! I do have to say using the babywise method and tweeking it to our lifestyle has made for a great sleeper. He can sleep through anything and he takes naps like a champ. The only time I have had issues is when the boy goes through growth spurts but even then he sleeps well through the spurts but just wakes up a lot more to eat.

No comments: