Tuesday, August 04, 2009

First Visit Home!

Well last week we went down to visit family. This is our first trip to visit family and it was great! It was also very very exahusting!

We started the trip with Matt having to work. I spent all day wednesday with Paulette. The cable was out and the internet was out. We talked a lot that day. That afternoon Aunt Katie came to hang with baby Tilley.



Aunt Katie and Grandpa Whisenant



That Thursday we went and visited a dear friend Lisa. We went to Starbucks and spent hours there talking while Tilley slept and ate. I fed him twice while at Starbucks. You always wonder what people think when you are covered up and they know the baby is nursing. Of course I didn't take a picture of Lisa holding Tilley. I was running my mouth way to much!

Friday we went to Cousin Owen's house and hung with him for a bit. Man it is amazing to see two babies thre days apart and how different they look. Let's just say that Tilley is on the tad bit bigger side. Owen is 9 pouds, while Tilley is 12.5. It was so nice sitting an talking with Michelle about all the new mommy world that we have entered!





Then we went out as a family to celebrate Matt's birthday! He turned 27 and it was so nice to eat out at a fancy resturant and spend time with family!

Saturday was a great day, but bittersweet. Saturday was the first time that Matt and I left Tilley alone with someone. He stayed with grandma while we went to the lake for Matt's cousin weekend. We had so much fun hanging with all the other cousins and spending time with his grandparents. I loved being with all the cousins but I missed my sweet boy!







Along with us going to the lake, Tilley took a bottle for the first time this week. I tried before we left and he wasn't having it. He wanted nothing to do with it, which made me feel good but worried about when I would go back to work. Lana Tilley's nanny/daycare told me to come over and she showed me how she gets baby's to take a bottle and he took it. So when we went home, Matt fed Tilley for the first time. It was so sweet to see the two boys bonding like they did!




Sunday we went to my Dad and Jenny's house. Her parents came up, my brother and his fiance came over and we hung out all day. It was so nice to see everyone! I love spending time with family!




No comments: