Sunday, August 19, 2007

When the media screws up

So a few posts ago I told you about how our school didn't meet NCLB. Well on Friday we found out that the state screwed up. We really did meet NCLB. So now all these parents who were told they could leave, can't. The state has to call all our parents and let them know that our school is amazing and they want their child to stay. It is funny how things work out. I am very excited about making AYP but when you get blasted in the newspaper about how you didn't make it for two years in a row people wont hear the retraction. We will have to see how things turn out.

Ok so Monday officially starts the first days of workdays. I am really excited to get this year started and get my new batch of kiddos. I heard last night that I have a class full of new children to our school. That is a double edge sword. One side is you don't know the kiddos so they could all be hellions, or the other side is they are great kiddos and you have an amazing year. We are hoping for the second side!! Can't wait to get started. I changed my room up so I will have pictures soon!! :)

No comments: